Thread: Looking for some advise...

Default Looking for some advise...

This is my second season fly fishing. Most of the waters near where I live are stocked with trout (mostly still water). I believe that I am doing the right things, have a good variety of flies, matching hatches, getting in early morning and I do catch fish, but not trout and there are trout where I am fishing.

Couple things I think May at issue, but I am looking for ideas. I generally can only fish Saturday mornings; that's how my schedule works and it keeps my domestic boss happy. The waters I fish see a lot of fishing pressure. You step in the water and you see the fish activity move to deeper water. I do not have a boat, so I need to wade. I have a reasonable cast of 30-40 ft.

Looking for some thoughts and suggestions since trout season doesn't have too much longer to go and I'd love to land a few nice trout before it ends.

Thanks!

Default Advice...

My spelling ain't so great.

You say the waters get a lot of pressure. How are others who are fishing it finding success? Most people who are catching don't mind talking about it. Maybe that's a good place to start.

Steve Culton
    “We fish for pleasure; I for Mine, you for yours.”
    — James Leisenring

I promise this doesn't suck: currentseams

Get a float tube. The ponds up there are clean. It will open up all kinds of options for you. Bathing suit and fins and your mobile. Get one for the wife too. As for flies try a caddis dry with a zebra bead head tied off at the bend with about 18" of 6x tippet and fish horizontal leeches. Still water is not easy. I used to fish Crystal Lake in Orleans, Gull Pond in Wellfleet, and Herring pond in Eastham quite a bit. Peters Pond and Flax Pond are 2 more worth visiting. Lot's of useful info on this site that may apply. http://www.riseformflyfishing.com/ Let us know how you progress. Welcome to this site.

Most if not all are using spinning rods and bait.

Awesome. Thanks. I am looking at getting a kayak, as it is another activity that I like and I can use it in the local salt waters. I am thinking, I just need to get where the trout are.

I have tried them all. Kayak will be the best for mobility and they are great to troll with but not the best for presentation. The following with the foam seat is like sitting in your favorite chair and fishing out of it. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fish-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds