Thread: Long(er) handle net

Default Long(er) handle net

Okay addicts...low water or not...I am in the market for a new net. Longer handled, but still can be stuffed behind me in my wading belt. Would prefer american made or from a company that demonstrates a lot of support for fisheries and habitat. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
    A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. Mark Twain

Well I bought the 37" Carbon Fiber Nomad net at Orvis earlier this summer, and I absolutely love it. I've used it on the river wading, and in my kayak. Super light weight, and it floats. If you don't tether it, you have to be careful it doesn't float away on you. The only downside is the price. It's $159, and I would never pay that much for a net, but I had a $100 Orvis gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket, so I invested in my first serious net. I researched it online and it's the same price everywhere. I thought for sure Orvis was charging that Orvis premium, plus a little of that Farmington Valley tax sprinkled on top, but not the case.
    GAWN FISHIN'.... <*((((((((><

I've been using a Broden Cutthroat float tube net. Typical Broden quality, plenty of reach and still hangs off the back of my vest without tripping me. 125.00 at upcountry.

tt
    Last edited by twistedtippet; 09-09-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    Even the blind squirrel gets an occasional nut !!!!

Farmington Valley Tax....sort of like the Fairfield County Fees...
    I was looking at Brodin and the aluminum one from Rising

and these caught my eye. http://blueribbonnets.net/shop/ from Blue Ribbon Nets in Montana.
    A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Taylor View Post
    Farmington Valley Tax....sort of like the Fairfield County Fees...
    Oh yeah baby. Even McDonald's is more expensive is the Farmington Valley. Like airport prices. The guys at Blue Ribbon are good people. They sold me a couple of ghost bags a few years ago when I was toying around restoring and upgrading some old nets.
    GAWN FISHIN'.... <*((((((((><